Tuesday, November 15, 2011

BABY TIME!!!

WOW! Things can move FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
Wait and wait, and then BOOM - heres your baby!!!
Basically, that is what has happened. This will be short and fast post to just get word out and I will write more details later when I can catch my breath ...

Sunday was Riley's 4th birthday. In the middle of her party, I got a call, and I saw it was an unknown number and immediately thought it could be an agency. And it was. They basically asked if we would be committed to this child, and it was such a crazy intense moment, with kids running around, our first daughters 4th birthday, and then being presented with the possibility of this baby. I told her I would have to call her back after everyone left and after Jeremy and I had a chance to talk. Before Jer and I had a chance to talk, she called again because there was some urgency with this situation. The mother was 3.5cm dilated already and things were moving fast.

So, attempting to make a long story short, we have our baby :)
We have nothing ready for him because we weren't expecting it to happen like this and the whole time it has been a little hard for me to get things ready not knowing when a baby would come, so I just thought we would wait until we had a heads up about a baby and then start preparing. But, thats not the way it worked, soooooooooooooooo -

Jeremy is out of town 3 nights this week ... which is so not a normal thing for him, and kinda funny that it is happening this week of all weeks. Obviously, there is so incredibly much to do right now, and she could go into labor at any time.

The birth parents are in Florida, so the four of us will drive 10hrs to orlando when she goes into active labor. We will have to stay there for 1-2wks while all the paperwork is completed for us to leave the state and travel home with him.

His mother is Hispanic (cuban), his father is african american. His name is Isaiah Michael Grubb. We are so excited. And while this is complete craziness all the sudden, I think I function so much better that way :).

Please be praying for us and this entire situation. There are alot of little details that we really need to see Gods hand in ... finding a place for us to stay in Florida, driving with the girls for 10hrs, obviously Isaiah and his parents, us getting everything ready at home, paperwork processed quickly ... and on and on and on. So, pray for us as we walk this part of the journey out!

I will share more details in the next few days when I can! Thanks for your love and support, and thank you for loving our new little boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment