Saturday, August 13, 2011

Its Time...

When I was 14, I knew I would adopt one day. It was just something that was in my heart that I always knew would happen. And I knew I would adopt an african american boy, and an asian girl. For over 2 decades I have known that, and it has been as natural as knowing I would get my license when I turned 16 or knowing I would go to college after I finished high school. It has been a part of me, engrained in my heart for as long as I can remember.

And God partnered me with a man, whose heart is gold. He is selfless, and giving, and his passion is his family. Adoption has been a beat in his heart as well. And so, for years, we have prayed about the timing of starting this adoption journey and have tried to remain very sensitive to Gods voice about His desire for our family.

Last December, God began to speak to our hearts about adopting our next child. The timing was unexpected and definitely not what we thought Gods timing would be. It seemed like too big of a thing for us to take on at this point... but we have learned that is how God works! He calls us to do things that are impossible in our own strength...

So, after months of prayer and seeking His face about this next HUGE step for our family, we felt the confirmation and the 'go-ahead' and the supernatural PEACE to begin this journey of bringing our third child home to us! And here we go :)

This is a blog we will keep to give updates about the journey. I am going to keep entries short and sweet, and try to be consistent with it. We are doing a domestic infant adoption, and will be bringing home an African American baby boy some time in the next few months. We have not yet been matched with a baby. At this point, our home study is almost complete and we hope to be presenting our info to adoption agencies around the country as of Sept.1. Once we begin to present to agencies, realistically, we could get a call that we are matched with a baby at any time. So, yes, we could have our son very soon!

Adoption is costly, time-consuming, and requires such sacrifice, but what we have learned and how our family has grown in this short period of time, already is invaluable. Our hope is to share on this blog little bits and pieces of what God is teaching us and how we are growing as a family through this journey, as well as to keep you updated on the process and let you know when we have our son!

Thanks for your prayers and support for our family!

1 comment:

  1. We are just so excited for you and your sweet growing family!!! It's so awesome to see God work and move in your life!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete